Sunday, August 22, 2010

Ultimate goal



Short-term goal, long-term goal... What about the ultimate goal? Today, the pastor's lecture got me thinking what I really want to achieve in my lifetime.

I should create a bucket list for myself, and then cross off each item on my list. Actually, I did make a list of things to do for each semesters, yet they were only for some short-term goals. I now feel the urge to find my ultimate goal of my earthly life. Unfortunately, I couldn't figure it out by now. So, we'll have to see about it later.

Now, I'd rather focus on what's at hand. That would be the goals of attending education abroad program in UCD. The first, for sure, is to get a good command of English, being able to speak fluently or more like a native; second, I attempt to master French while learning well Spanish and Japanese, which is quite ambitious. Then, as a linguistic major, I want to broaden my knowledge of linguistics, which can be helpful in many fields, say, teaching English. .... Also, there are things such as getting to know American culture, embracing different views, befriending people from different culture, and many many more.

Am I waiting with baited breath for my flight to the US? Yes and NO. I have a mixed feeling about my solo trip. I am a little bit apprehensive about this trip because I am going to travel alone. Meanwhile, I am sorta over the moon because it has been my dream to stay in a English-speaking country for a couple of months, and now it is like dream come true.


chalking this update on 8/23/2010(The 823 artillery battle?)

No comments:

Post a Comment